Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rotten SOB

Somebody stole my stuff. I mean, he cut the lock off my locker, took my iPod from my coat, as well as my gym bag. I say "he" because this was in the men's locker room at work.

I never considered the value of my running gear, as running is supposed to be the least expensive athletic activity. Right. What one fails to consider is the value of the things that you accumulate over time. It isn't just a $90 pair of running shoes. I had three sets of clothes in the bag, as the weather has been varying, and I didn't know what I would need; I had clothes for 22 degrees or below, 50 or below, and warmer (or workout clothes). Each "outfit" is not inexpensive, as those familiar with the gear understand. The running jackets, light and heavyweight compression pants, Zoot shorts, Mizuno gloves are not cheap. And then it gets worse. I bought the shoes ten days ago. There' s the Suunto heart rate monitor, with associated PODs, my RoadID, and especially my custom orthotics. I have had them about fifteen months, and had put about 1,300 miles on them. There was plenty of useful life left for them. Those were $400. So, losing the bag is significant.

And with the exception of the iPod, and maybe the watch, the rest is completely useless to anyone but me. What a hassle. My level of aggravation is off the chart, and I should probably go to confession for all of the evil thoughts I had. I think I just used a year's worth of obscenities (vocal and mental). For as much as I curse, I think I borrowed from 2010-2014.

I'm done venting.

No comments: