Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's Next?

So, what next? I'm considering the Illinois Marathon and the Country Music Marathon, and may do both, though the three-week recovery time in between races may not be long enough for me. We'll see. I'd really like to do another fundraiser for a destination-based event, though I'm not sure what organizations are out there that do this (besides Team in Training). I enjoyed the experience and it was for a good cause. For now, I'm just trying to get back in the saddle after a couple of low activity months. A few days after the Monumental Marathon I experienced back pain that hasn't yet disappeared, and piriformis issues that caused numbness in my leg. I'm looking forward to getting back on the wagon, as I know I can shave some time off my run. I think if I can get back to where I was at the last marathon, I can reasonably run a 3:34. If I put some quality time into training, and get some serious speedwork, I can get to a 3:20, though it will take a serious breakthrough to get there.

No comments: