Thursday, July 2, 2009

Energy2Action Duathlon

Having run the Flying Pig Marathon three weeks before, and the Geist Mini marathon seven days prior, and doing nothing, including stretching, until this race, I think I did okay. It was a small race (95 people), and with ten people in my age group, I placed 3rd. The first run felt good, the transition very slow (I never once practiced it), then the bike... Well it felt really good, but this was the third time I rode my bike in 2009... This is the place to be strong, and where I can really improve, as I can pick up another 2mph avg with less effort than shaving 1 min off my run pace - and the value is far greater. Legs heavy after bike - 1/2 mile to get in the groove. Again, last brick was summer 2008. Race was well-organized, especially for their first one.

No comments: