Saturday, March 1, 2008

Starting Over


After a ten-day break from all exercise, I start again. Actually, it has been longer than ten days, since I was ill before the break. I think I have run two days out of the last fifteen. I feel like I fell off of a wagon at the base of this road, and just hung out eating bon bons.

Well, no more. It is time to hit it and that is what I will do. Today and tomorrow will be easy runs to get my sea legs back; I'll take an easy three mile run today, and an easy six miler and an easy ride on the bike tomorrow. Then it's back to the plan, ramping up to the higher intensity workouts. I never thought I would be looking forward to the LT (lactate threshold) rides on the bike (mentioned in a previous post), but I am, and they are getting harder. The weather is warming up, and it's time to focus.

I have new running shoes to try out (I retired my others at 400 miles), and I am stoked to get started. The main thing is that I stick to the ramp-up plan; an injury is something I do not need.

Colorado is just a month away, and I'm really starting to look forward to it. This will be my sixteenth year of skiing in Summit/Eagle counties. While there, I'll need to run as well. The altitude will make things interesting.

The picture is of a switchback in Switzerland. I found it on someone else's website while looking for pictures for this post. You might take a look, as there are some cool photos of a motorcycle trip around the mountains in Europe. I just fixed the link.

No comments: