Saturday, February 9, 2008

13 Minutes


I have spent the last 40+ hours traveling. Not that I mind traveling; on the contrary, I kind of enjoy it. Even if the destination is not exactly exciting. Even if it's for work and I have to go help a customer solve a problem. But sometimes the endeavor is nothing more than showing our customers that we care. This was one of those trips. A colleague and I just returned from Mexico City, where we made a presentation (as part of a supplier review) covering what we are doing to improve our product. We used three minutes more than our allotted time; it lasted thirteen minutes. For some, it seems a silly waste of time and resources, but in the domain of customer relations, it could potentially save tens of thousands of dollars in future pain. For those of you with experience as a Tier 1 supplier to an automobile manufacturer, you'll understand what I mean.

So, perhaps it is worth it.

No comments: